2016 New Year Reflections: Cherish. Hope. Stay Focused.
#Cheers #2016 ! Blessed are we who are with our families and good company... And let us pray for those who are spending their new year away from home or may not have homes at all. May God bless them and keep them safe 🙏 and may the new year be filled with blessings and hope for all of us! #happynewyear #newyear2016 #makeitblissful
Well hello 2016!
It's only been a few days since you began but it seems a lot has happened already.
Just recently we attended a friend's wedding, and I know more things are yet to come for me and my family this year.
But before anything else, I'd like to make a quick reflection on my 2015...
Ah, 2015... where do I begin? Let me just mention the most important, memorable moments for the past year.
First, let me recount the things or goals I've/we've (my family) achieved:
- It was my first time to travel abroad! Yes, after 27 years, I got to experience travelling beyond the Philippine Islands, and it was a happy experience of course, being with my family. (You can read about our Singapore Getaway HERE)
- We bought a new car! August of 2015, we got our new SUV, an Isuzu MU-X. It was only a dream for my husband and I to upgrade our sedan to a more family-friendly vehicle. Now, it's a dream come true :)
|This is not our house ha. Hehe. But behold, our new car, yay! Thank you Lord!|
- I got a new camera! Thank you to my husband for getting me my Fujifilm X-A2. I super love it! I'll write a review about it sooner or later...
- We let go of our yaya/helper of 3 years in the middle of 2015. I know, it's hard to find a helper these days, but it we couldn't take anymore of her "attitude problem". But being yaya-less (and counting) has taught me to be resilient and I became more systematic with how I manage our little household. Besides, we appreciate the privacy and the savings (because of that, we got to buy a new car)! Although we had to sacrifice our frequent couple dates, but we're a happy family, and that's what counts :)
- I homeschooled my toddlers for preschool... and we are still doing so now, but not really strictly following a curriculum. We've tried the Letter of the Week Curriculum, but after that, it's been either theme-based or interest-led learning, mostly involving play and arts & crafts.
- We enjoyed a staycation for our 4th wedding anniversary at Hotel H2O at the Manila Ocean Park (You can read about our staycation HERE and HERE)
- I got a special day out plus pampering, thanks to Luminisce.
I admit, I usually join online contests, just because... it's easy to join, why not, and wala lang 😄 I've won some, here and there... But this is like THE jackpot for me! I was able to join beautiful ladies over lunch at @lejardinmanila , and got to talk about beauty, inside and out. The ambiance was a pretty, chic Parisian theme, styled by @heyholidayph . And the food was delicious I rarely get to go out, because I'm a stay-at-home mom of 2. So thank you to my wonderful husband for letting me go to this event, even though we had a birthday party to attend to later that afternoon, we eventually made it work, I attended both events 😉 Aside from lunch and the inspiring talks, we were treated to an afternoon of relaxing, luxurious facial treatments and tea. But since I was a bit of in a hurry to leave, I did not get to have my one-on-one consultation with the amazing derma behind it all, @drkayceereyes Thank you again Luminisce, Dra. Kaycee, @audreyangcos and to all the Skinvestors that day @stellapastores @ina_feleo @wilsonmaggie @bea.Santiago @iamsofiaandres ... This is an experience I will never forget. I even got to make new friends, kahit mga bagets pa sila haha, feeling bagets narin ako 😄 I would love to visit your beautiful clinic once again PS. When my husband came to pick me up later that day, he said I look fresh and flawless 😉😄 Ganun ka-effective yung treatments nila! (Photos from @luminisce_official Facebook page) #skinvestorstreat #luminisceevents
- Family get togethers! and there are lots of them! Especially that last December, my relatives from the states all came home and organized a formal Christmas Party for the Flores-Joson Clan. But I also will cherish the simple, happy moments: like celebrating birthdays, watching the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight, spending mother's day with my relatives, going trick or treating on Halloween, and even our little field trips to the Fun Farm and the Museum.
- Reunion with friends! There's a saying that when you get older, your circle of friends get smaller, because you'll truly know who your real friends are.. and that resonates with me. I've learned to appreciate friendships more even when we are mostly apart. We still laugh and talk and talk like nothing has changed.
For 2016, I hope and pray that our country will have good, deserving leaders in the government. I want my children to experience a great country, have bright futures, and that Filipinos finally get the prosperity we deserve.
I also hope to holistically improve this year: mind, body, heart. Of course, I want to get fit, I need to stay healthy and strong for my family. May God grant me more Patience, Wisdom, and the ability to be the best wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, that I can be.
I have a number of goals this year, and I
I also really want to get fit this year, and I want to join a marathon this time, if the schedule permits, hehe.
I am also aiming to learn a couple of new skills this year, perhaps get to attend workshops.
We are also planning to enrol my son (hopefully in UP) this coming school year. I'm teaching/reviewing him the things he needs to know, basically writing his full name and knowing his alphabets and numbers.. fingers crossed!
My husband and I are also determined to stick to a workable schedule for us, so that we could achieve our little goals. We've also started to commit to our daily Gospel reading and praying the rosary.
Also, hopefully we'll get to lessen our debts this year, little by little, I know we will get there.
And perhaps, start planning for our house this time? Who knows. In God's time :)
How about you? What are your cherished 2015 moments? and what are your hopes for this new year?
Cheers to a blessed and blissful 2016!