Latest Posts

2016 New Year Reflections: Cherish. Hope. Stay Focused.

By 9:30 AM , , , ,



Well hello 2016! 

It's only been a few days since you began but it seems a lot has happened already.  

Just recently we attended a friend's wedding, and I know more things are yet to come for me and my family this year. 

But before anything else, I'd like to make a quick reflection on my 2015...


Cherish.

Ah, 2015... where do I begin? Let me just mention the most important, memorable moments for the past year.

First, let me recount the things or goals I've/we've (my family) achieved:  
  • It was my first time to travel abroad! Yes, after 27 years, I got to experience travelling beyond the Philippine Islands, and it was a happy experience of course, being with my family. (You can read about our Singapore Getaway HERE)

  • We bought a new car! August of 2015, we got our new SUV, an Isuzu MU-X. It was only a dream for my husband and I to upgrade our sedan to a more family-friendly vehicle. Now, it's a dream come true :)
This is not our house ha. Hehe. But behold, our new car, yay! Thank you Lord!
I will cherish these experiences:
  • We let go of our yaya/helper of 3 years in the middle of 2015. I know, it's hard to find a helper these days, but it we couldn't take anymore of her "attitude problem". But being yaya-less (and counting) has taught me to be resilient and I became more systematic with how I manage our little household. Besides, we appreciate the privacy and the savings (because of that, we got to buy a new car)! Although we had to sacrifice our frequent couple dates, but we're a happy family, and that's what counts :)
  • We enjoyed a staycation for our 4th wedding anniversary at Hotel H2O at the Manila Ocean Park (You can read about our staycation HERE and HERE) 

  • I got a special day out plus pampering, thanks to Luminisce.
I admit, I usually join online contests, just because... it's easy to join, why not, and wala lang 😄 I've won some, here and there... But this is like THE jackpot for me! I was able to join beautiful ladies over lunch at @lejardinmanila , and got to talk about beauty, inside and out. The ambiance was a pretty, chic Parisian theme, styled by @heyholidayph . And the food was delicious I rarely get to go out, because I'm a stay-at-home mom of 2. So thank you to my wonderful husband for letting me go to this event, even though we had a birthday party to attend to later that afternoon, we eventually made it work, I attended both events 😉 Aside from lunch and the inspiring talks, we were treated to an afternoon of relaxing, luxurious facial treatments and tea. But since I was a bit of in a hurry to leave, I did not get to have my one-on-one consultation with the amazing derma behind it all, @drkayceereyes Thank you again Luminisce, Dra. Kaycee, @audreyangcos and to all the Skinvestors that day @stellapastores @ina_feleo @wilsonmaggie @bea.Santiago @iamsofiaandres ... This is an experience I will never forget. I even got to make new friends, kahit mga bagets pa sila haha, feeling bagets narin ako 😄 I would love to visit your beautiful clinic once again PS. When my husband came to pick me up later that day, he said I look fresh and flawless 😉😄 Ganun ka-effective yung treatments nila! (Photos from @luminisce_official Facebook page) #skinvestorstreat #luminisceevents
A photo posted by Lique Dimayuga (@liquesantics) on

And I shall always remember these moments:



Hope.


For 2016, I hope and pray that our country will have good, deserving leaders in the government. I want my children to experience a great country, have bright futures, and that Filipinos finally get the prosperity we deserve.

I also hope to holistically improve this year: mind, body, heart. Of course, I want to get fit, I need to stay healthy and strong for my family. May God grant me more Patience, Wisdom, and the ability to be the best wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, that I can be. 

Stay Focused.

I have a number of goals this year, and I wish I could want to Stay Focused. One of those, is being able to expand my services and work on Artique

I also really want to get fit this year, and I want to join a marathon this time, if the schedule permits, hehe.

I am also aiming to learn a couple of new skills this year, perhaps get to attend workshops. 

We are also planning to enrol my son (hopefully in UP) this coming school year. I'm teaching/reviewing him the things he needs to know, basically writing his full name and knowing his alphabets and numbers.. fingers crossed!

My husband and I are also determined to stick to a workable schedule for us, so that we could achieve our little goals. We've also started to commit to our daily Gospel reading and praying the rosary.

Also, hopefully we'll get to lessen our debts this year, little by little, I know we will get there.

And perhaps, start planning for our house this time? Who knows. In God's time :)

How about you? What are your cherished 2015 moments? and what are your hopes for this new year?

Cheers to a blessed and blissful 2016!
post signature

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Sana makapagtravel din kameng whole family this year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really so admiring to see fellow moms who got to achieve what they hope for, great post Angelique :-). Hi Neri Ann, if you need a little help with your travel plans, I can refer you to a reliable travel agent. I hope you can get to your dream destination soonest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great 2015! And looking forward that everybody's 2016 will be the greatest! Btw, gives me an idea to check Hotel H20. My boys will surely love their stay there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great 2015! Like you, I want to also learn new skills at workshops :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing 2015! Hope 2016 will be just as blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great 2015! Here's to wishing you an even better and grander 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My highlight for 2015 is when I gave birth to my son Cloud. Looks like you had a great 2015. Let's look forward for a great 2016 too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clearly, you and your family have been blessed in 2015 with all the meaningful experiences you've had and material possessions you've acquired. Here's to more blessings! Happy New Year! -- Maria Teresa Figuerres

    ReplyDelete