DIY Christmas Ornaments from Upcycled Tissue Cardboard Tubes
Time flies by quickly, doesn't it? Just a few days after it will be December already, and pretty soon, we'll all be celebrating Christmas!
I'm sure you've started decorating for the holidays, even just a little bit, to get you into the Christmas spirit. We've started early as October decorating for Christmas in our household.
I'd like to share with you this simple DIY craft we did with our tissue cardboard tubes. I was meaning to use them for some arts and crafts projects for the kids, so I kept a stash. One day, I just thought of finally using them and make Christmas ornaments :) It was also about time we had a little change in our decorations anyway. So instead of buying new ones, we did this:
1. Materials: We gathered some tissue cardboard tubes, some poster paint, left over cloth and felt, pompoms and pipe cleaners.
2. We started painting the tubes with poster paint. We each made Santa, an Angel, a Snowman, and a Reindeer.
The little boy is painting a snowman...
3. Let the paint dry and then add some details using left over cloth and felt, and some pipe cleaners. We used the cloth for scarves and Santa's hat, the felt for the brim in Santa's hat, Snowmen hats, and the Angels' wings, the pompoms for reindeer noses and Santa's hat (again, hehe), and the pipe cleaners we're used as reindeer antlers, angel halos, snowmen noses, and loops at the back so we can hang the ornaments.
4. Finish by drawing faces and outlining using a black pentel pen. Kiel drew most of the faces, while I made the outlines.
5. And then you can finally hang them on the tree
Kiel was very happy to have made this, and he feels very proud seeing them up in the tree, knowing that we made them together.
How about you? Do you have any Christmas saving crafts or hacks you'd like to share too?
If you like our little project, we'd love to get some feedback in the comments below.
Pin this project for later, plus see some other Christmas crafts ideas:
Follow Lique's board Christmas crafts ideas on Pinterest.