Vita Cubes: Vitamin-packed, Fruit-flavored Jelly Candy
I think my kids inherited my love of sweets. They especially love ice cream and jelly ace!
But then again, we all know how kids get hyper when they get too much of sweet things. Not only that, but they can also cause cavities, and we do not want that.
But kids being kids, they all have the sweet tooth. The best thing that we can do for them is keep their sweet intakes in moderation and make sure they drink lots of water and brush their teeth. Other than that, we also make sure that they eat right and get the nutrients they need.
Now, what if i told you that there is a healthy alternative to your sugary candies? You can indulge your child to a yummy but healthy candy? Is that even possible?
Well, luckily, our friends from Rebisco have introduced a new brand of jelly candies that are packed with vitamins and minerals for energy and immunity.
We've been lucky enough to be invited to the Vita Cubes Fun Day at Fun Ranch earlier this month, with a group of other mommy bloggers, so we got to know more about the brand.
What are Vita Cubes?
Vita Cubes are yummy, cube-shaped jelly candies that come in five (5) different fruit flavors – strawberry, apple, grape, orange and mango.
Are they candy vitamins?
Not to be confused with chewable vitamins for kids, Vita Cubes is plainly just candy. But, unlike regular candy, they are packed with vitamins and minerals such as:
- Lysine – Vita Cubes has 70% of the child RENI (Recommended Energy and Nutrient Intake). This aids the body in proper growth and energy production. Helps also in calcium absorption.
- Zinc – 70% of the child RENI. Helps in proper functioning of the immune and digestive system, energy metabolism and in increasing the rate for healing wounds.
- Vitamin A – 40% of the child RENI. Increases the body immune system to fight infection and also plays a vital role in ensuring healthy eyes and bone development.
- Vitamin B – 30-70% of the child RENI. Promotes growth, strength and stimulates memory in children in the formative years. It also helps boost oxygen circulation in the body, focusing on the brain to help with concentration and also assists in converting carbohydrates and fats into energy.
- Vitamin C – 30% of the child RENI. Helps form and repair red blood cells, bones and tissues, which is vital for your child’s healing, boosting their immune system and fighting infections.
- Vitamin E – 45% of child RENI. Boosts the immune system to fight germs and helps the body to work together to function regularly.
Vita Cubes come in 2 pack sizes, one in 50g pack of different flavors, which costs 12 pesos SRP, and the other in Singles or individually wrapped jelly candy, which costs 1 peso per piece.
Where can I buy them?
Vita Cubes is available at all Mercury Drug outlets, SM Supermarkets, Robinsons Supermarket, Waltermart, Landmark, Puregold, Mini Stop and local grocery stores.