Latest Posts

Event Photographer: Labski Fotografi

By 1:04 AM , ,

Hi there!


Have you noticed the new section in my blog, Party Antics? I used to write the party stuff under Artsy Antics, but since I've written quite a number of posts about parties, I guess they deserved their own section. So from now on if you like to read all about parties - planning, DIY ideas, suppliers etc - just easily click the Party Antics section! 

So, to officially start this Party Antics blog section, I wanted to feature one of our party suppliers, Labski Fotografi

Labski Fotografi offers photography services for events families wish to immortalize such as kiddie parties, baptism and weddings. ~Jan Magtoto
One of the reasons of a successful party is getting a professional photographer to cover your event. I must admit, I wasn't all too keen in hiring one before. I had my sister take the photographs during Kiel's baptism. Sure it was ok for her to be the "photographer of the day"...but she ended up not being "in" the pictures, which isn't a lot of fun.

So for Kiel's first birthday, we hired Labski Fotografi as official photographer. We liked their work so much that we got them again for Hailey's Baptism and Kiel's 2nd birthday, a double celebration we just had recently.

Jan and her family (photo source)

Jan Magtoto is the senior photographer for Labski Fotografi. She started as a self-taught Photographer and later on enrolled in Basic and Advanced Photography workshops at the FPPF in Manila.

Get to know more about Jan and all about Labski Fotografi through our brief interview...
Why and how did you start your venture?
Back in high school, I took pictures of anything my eyes could see. The fact that you can look back at the memories through photographs gave me a different high. Eventually I focused on people and thought of pursuing my love for the art. But I didn't think I would leave my work in the academe to pursue photography. What started out as a dream turned into reality in 2010 as Labski Fotografi entered the industry and began accepting events.

Were you always fond of taking photographs?
I learned the fundamentals of photography back in college when I had a subject touch on the art of taking and developing photos in UP Diliman. But my strong foundation on basic and advanced photography was made possible through the Federation of Philippine Photographers Foundation in Intramuros.

What inspires you when you take pictures?
I live by this mantra whenever I look into my camera's viewfinder: "This isn't my Client's event. This is MY event."  When there's a sense of ownership in what you do, you give all of yourself because it matters that much to you. 

What sets you apart from other Photographers?
Labski Fotografi's brand boasts of a fresh and modern way of capturing details and emotions, impressive work ethics and efficient turnover of products.

Why do you think it's important to hire a professional photographer to cover events?
When there is a family event, would you rather enjoy and relish the moments as they unfold or would you rather be on your toes clicking your camera's shutter? If one's answer is the former, then you very well know why professional photographers like us are here for you.

Thank you Jan for allowing me to feature you and Labski Fotografi! Thank you also for beautifully capturing our family's events...



Labski Fotografi Contact information:

Website: http://www.labskifotografi.com/
Facebook: Labski Fotografi
Email: janmagtoto@labskifotografi.com
Mobile #: 0908 821 6325 (Look for Ms. Jan)
Rates and Packages (click to enlarge):


You Might Also Like

0 comments